Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet keeps redirecting my searches followed by a pop up in a new window

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sjq2010

sjq2010

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:54 AM

My families computer has started to have this annoying problem recently. I'm really the only one in the family that is good with computers so I decided to take on he problem myself leading me here. Here the problem: When I search anything in my IE the search results will come up fine but when clicking on one of the sites it starts to load the site because I can read that its made it t the site on the tab but during the process it redirects it to a different site. Other times it may not redirect my search but there will be a pop up that opens in a new window. I dont know if this is an obvious problem or an easy fix. I did some searching on this site and found a similar problem another guy had but looking trough how he was walked through it all I would rather have some one do the same for me. I just want to get things back to normal and i'm looking for some help. Also if it helps any there are a lot of times that a pop up will open and its a search that didnt come up with any results and whats being searched is "traffic solar url default"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:25 AM

Download this. Then install, then update it, then make a full scan (if something finds, another scan is recommended). Otherwise, clear all browser's cache, cookies, etc.. If not helps, reinstall browsers (maybe an add-on is placed).

Hope this helps,
rhino

ALTERNATIVE ==> ONLINE TESTS & SCANS

Edited by rhino1366, 20 November 2009 - 03:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users