Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD burner wont' burn anymore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kakashi_12

kakashi_12

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:50 PM

It won't burn anymore. The past 3 dvd's i tried burning. I know I'm doing it right, I've done this a million times, there is something wrong with the drive or something (not wrong with me). I'm burning an ISO. I've tried using Nero 7 Ultra ISO burner and DVD Decrypter to burn. Nero errors out and Decrypter just sits there at 0% with 100% buffer.
The ISO is no longer protected, so it burned correctly. If I burn it on another computer, it works fine.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:40 PM

Some things you can try:
  • If you recently installed some burning software, uninstall it.
  • Use the fix given on this Microsoft page.
  • Use a different brand of CD/DVD.
  • Clean the laser using one of those drive cleaning kits (or if it is a laptop, carefully wipe the laser with a soft dry cloth).
  • Open the Device Manager (Start > Run > type "devmgmt.msc"). Locate the CD/DVD drive, right click on it and select "Uninstall". After it has uninstalled reboot the computer (it will be automatically reinstalled).

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users