Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

having a few problems :/

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 truwest

truwest

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:35 PM

hello, i'm new here and id just like to say i appreciate the work you guys do to help other people out with their problems.

well anyway, my computer has been experiencing several problems lately.

i am running windows vista sp2 32 bit system.

a few weeks back, at start up, i would get errors saying that igfxtray.exe and hkcmd.exe have encountered problems and have closed. also, when i try to open task manager, cmd opens up instead and it says "Program too big to fit in memory" i tried opening taskmanager 6 different ways and they all give the same result. i dont think these are the result of any viruses because i have scanned my computer with spybot s&d, malawarebytes, and nod32 and they all have come clean. does anybody know the solution to my problems? thank you for your time and help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CoolCatBad

CoolCatBad

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

igfxtray.exe and hkcmd.exe are both elements of the Intel graphics driver.

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:16 AM

I would try removing drivers and reinstalling them.

But if they are working fine and you don't need these tray programs to work then you can turn them off in MSCONFIG.

To do this.
START>RUN>MSCONFIG>STARTUP tab >find the programs and unclick them.

#4 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 AM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:15 AM

hi i found this on the issue your having ,, Windows is designed to prevent code from directly accessing RAM to keep programs from over-writing each other's information. Older programs or bad programs that try to directly access memory are denied this, and throw insufficient memory errors when Windows stops them. It's not that there isn't memory for them. This could be related to your task manager issues,,, run a system file check for corrupt os files,,, this will replace bad or corrupt files found on the system with new ones of your recovery disc (vista disc)
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2231/vista_...m_file_checker/
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#5 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:33 AM

hello, i'm new here and id just like to say i appreciate the work you guys do to help other people out with their problems.

well anyway, my computer has been experiencing several problems lately.

i am running windows vista sp2 32 bit system.

a few weeks back, at start up, i would get errors saying that igfxtray.exe and hkcmd.exe have encountered problems and have closed. also, when i try to open task manager, cmd opens up instead and it says "Program too big to fit in memory" i tried opening taskmanager 6 different ways and they all give the same result. i dont think these are the result of any viruses because i have scanned my computer with spybot s&d, malawarebytes, and nod32 and they all have come clean. does anybody know the solution to my problems? thank you for your time and help

You better be sure because most virus's like to disable Taskmanager.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users