Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not able to turn on firewall and Windows Securit Alerts says Symantec Antivirus is turned off.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Wh4T

Wh4T

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

Hello. I run Windows Xp service pack 2 currently. I also regularly update and scan my computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyware. The only thing that SuperAntiSpyware may find are Adware.Tracking Cookies. Other than that nothing else turns up. Since removing the Vundo with help from the HJT forum, I have not been able to turn on my firewall. Windows Security Alerts tells me at start up that the firewall is turned off. When I go to recommendations and then enable now, Windows says it is unable to turn it on and that I should turn it on from the control panel. When attempting to turn it on from the control panel, it is is unchangeable. An attachment shows how the firewall control panel appears. After clicking out of that alert, Windows Security Alerts then says that Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition is turned off. I check Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition and it appears to be running fine. It may be working since a few times since the Vundo it has caught some incoming threats to the computer. I am wondering what steps I should take to turn on the firewall and how to check if Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition is working okay or not. Thank you.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users