Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel, Word, Powerpoint

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sfdmoment

sfdmoment

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

hi

How do I save a backup of Excel, Word, Powerpoint?
I probably need to reinstall windows XP on my computer because of terrible virus problems. I will loose these programs and I don't want to loose them. I lost all the CD Rom from a moving incident. Can I create a backup and reinstall them after I reinstall windows XP?

I tried to look in the help and support center but I couldn't find anything instructing how to do these things.

Thank you so much.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OnlyZuul

OnlyZuul

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:22 PM

I didn't want to start a new topic, since I found this one. I tried searching for where it was re-directed, but I couldn't find the solution. I am in a similar situation as the previous poster. Is there anyway I can backup my Microsoft office programs if I lost the CD's and reinstall?

#3 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:31 PM

No, you can't backup the installed software. You could use Magic Jelly Bean software to retrieve the product key of the installed software then, if you can find someone with the install disks, you could install the software using your key.
To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:26 PM

Remember that when you install any program, it not only installs/modifies files on your system but also adds entries to the registry.

As strolin says, you cant back it up. It has to be reinstalled

As an alternative, consider Open Office.
Its free and reads/writes Word & Excel files.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 OnlyZuul

OnlyZuul

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

Thanks, I'll look into Open Office.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users