Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intermittant Internet Connection.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 deansy87

deansy87

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

I have a computer (only about 6 months old) and connected to a wireless network in my house. My computer is upstairs (there are 4 other computers in my house... all of which are connected ok.) and my router is downstairs. I have been connected to this network for years and ever since getting the computer 6 months ago. But one day, about a month ago, I just lost the connection. At first I thought it may be the router problem, so I replaced the router. Then i thought it might be my network adapter attached to my computer, so i replacd that... still no joy. Basically the connection is really odd. It will connect for a few minutes then disconnect, or stay connected but with 'limited activity'.... It is very intermittant. And will randomly connect when it feels like it. It will also connect if I move the adapter around in the air (like an old tv ariel!!). I have never had any internet connection problems in the past. I have tried everything , and the only thing I can now think it is is the computer itself... especially because I have just put a laptop next to my computer and it connects with no probems!!! I have also just taken my whole computer downstairs and placed it next to the router.... and still it wont connect properly.

Do you think it may have a virus or something? I have Norton on my computer and have run the Microsoft packages to check for viruses etc... but no joy. I have ensured that there are no interferences to this connection too.

The computer is only 6 months old, and have never had problems with my connection before. It's doing my head in and I thought with your knowledge you may have a clue as to what the problem may be?!

Please help me!!!

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users