Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Keeps Rebooting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stevep119

stevep119

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:17 AM

Ok, ive got a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Windows Vista Home Premium.

When I turn it on it looks like its going to load and then reboots.

I have tried to disable automatic restarts to see what the BSOD is but the screen flashes too fast for me to read it before it restarts again.

I've tried safe mode and last known good, both of which fail.

I've tried "Startup repair" but it says " "Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically" and when I click more details I get "Startup repairV2,
NoRootCause"

I've tried the following "bootrec.exe" options:

* /FixMbr - says it was successful
* /FixBoot - says it was successful
* /ScanOs - Cannot find any windows installations
* /RebuildBcd - say it was successful and then ScanOs works but settings arent saved.

I've run a CHKDSK /R which doesnt return any errors but when I try to run SFC /runnow I get the following error:

"There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again."

I've run the built in Dell Diagnostics and all pass but will test hard drive tonight using manufactures tools.

I'd really like to get the system working again without having to factory reset it.

Any advice or suggestions? have I missed something?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Funnel Web_*

Guest_Funnel Web_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:33 PM

Will This Link Help At All??

http://www.vistax64.com/740821-post10.html

Edited by Funnel Web, 19 November 2009 - 04:35 PM.

#3 doctorphibes

doctorphibes

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

did you just your SP? (sp1 - sp2)? mine did the same thing
I am enough of the artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users