Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where are my cookies stored?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RknRusty

RknRusty

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:06 AM

I have looked in: C:\Users\Rusty\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files, and there are only 33 items including some website icons.

The reason I am searching is because I want Norton Internet Security 2009 to ignore my tvguide.com cookie so my settings are not removed with every scan. If I just paste myname@tvguide.com into the exclusions, it still removes it, so I thought maybe I needed the full path. I have folder options set to show system and hidden files. NIS can find it, but I can't. Can someone tell me where it is?

Thanks,
Rusty

Vista home premium 32

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 AM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:52 AM

hi,,,,
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies.

good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 youserbase

youserbase

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:07 AM

Try Clicking Folder options and check Show hidden files and folders

Posted Image

Technology expert and member of youserbase, the technology wiki

#4 RknRusty

RknRusty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 396 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

hi,,,,
C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies.

good luck.

I had been to those locations before and just now tried them again. One had 18 cookies and the other had about 20. I also tried default user and all users in the path too, but the cookie isn't there. I visited the tvguide website to make sure I had the cookie and it remembered all of my settings, so I do have it. Their help file says all of the preferences are stored on my computer. And I scanned again and Norton found it, so it's hiding somewhere.

Thanks for your reply, figgis. I'm not going to worry anymore about it because I just got an e-mail saying my Windows 7 cd is in the mail.
Vista has been a PITA about restricting my own files from me since day one. I've been a long time XP user up until August when my machone fried, so I know I'm spoiled.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users