Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nav bar wont work in IE

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 EmilyB539

EmilyB539

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

I have created a website in Kompozer. And the buttons will not work in Internet Explorer (Any version) and I have checked the links, made sure it wasn't capitalized, re linked the, and still nothing. It works in Mozilla, Flock, and Google Chrome. I have tried everything, but can't think of why this is.

I personally have had many many problems with IE and cannot stand it, any ideas on how to fix my problem?

Thanks,
Emily B

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:00 AM

do you have a link to the site? and possible the section of the code for the buttons?

~Kam

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#3 EmilyB539

EmilyB539
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

do you have a link to the site? and possible the section of the code for the buttons?

~Kam

Yes its tonybright.com/EmilyB I can't get the buttons at the moment but I will as soon as I can.

#4 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:25 AM

so what are you wanting the buttons to do? Link to another page?

the easiest way to do this is:
<FORM>
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="Link Name" ONCLICK="window.location.href='path_to_file/file.html'"> 
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="Home Page" ONCLICK="window.location.href='index.html'"> 
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="Contact Us" ONCLICK="window.location.href='contact.html'"> 
</FORM>

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that can read binary, and those who can't.

#5 EmilyB539

EmilyB539
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:40 PM

<FORM>
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="Link Name" ONCLICK="window.location.href='path_to_file/file.html'"> 
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="Home Page" ONCLICK="window.location.href='index.html'"> 
<INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="Contact Us" ONCLICK="window.location.href='contact.html'"> 
</FORM>

Yes I had originally written the HTML but I linked the buttons in Kompozer. I think the html got messed up. I will try that code, thanks :D

#6 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:03 PM

Just wondering how your going?

#7 EmilyB539

EmilyB539
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2009 - 12:59 AM

<FORM>
</FORM>

Yes I had originally written the HTML but I linked the buttons in Kompozer. I think the html got messed up. I will try that code, thanks :D

It worked! Thanks :D I have only redone the buttons on the homepage tonybright.com/EmilyB but I am doing the rest right now. Thanks so much fro the help, I thought I was going to have to give up :thumbsup:

#8 KamakaZ

KamakaZ

• Members
  • 739 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2009 - 01:48 AM

just a note, you don't need the <a href="path"> .... </a> around the buttons, this is what's causing some to be underlined and won't work. Also you have put index.html as the path for the home button when it should be index.htm

Otherwise, well done and good luck with the rest of the site. Feel free to come back if you need any more help with anything :thumbsup:

~Kam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users