Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Problem

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Tokiya

Tokiya

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

Well, my video card has a problem.

My girlfriend's dad said that it is affected by some kind of virus.

Posted Image
this is what I see every time I open/close and use my PC.
They call that problem as texture mapping

I am sure that it is not my monitors problem.

what should I do about it?

Edited by Tokiya, 18 November 2009 - 08:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

Fix the red x.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Tokiya

Tokiya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:04 PM

Fix the red x.

what do you mean by that?

#4 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:51 AM

Does it look like that before the OS loads (like the BIOS screen)? Does it look like that in safe mode?

If it looks normal before the OS loads then you have a software/driver concern, if the output is corrupted during BIOS/load screens then you have a hardware concern.

"Red X" refers to a linked picture that doesn't work. It works now.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#5 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:08 AM

Does it look like that before the OS loads (like the BIOS screen)? Does it look like that in safe mode?

If it looks normal before the OS loads then you have a software/driver concern, if the output is corrupted during BIOS/load screens then you have a hardware concern.

"Red X" refers to a linked picture that doesn't work. It works now.

Gee i never seen that

If its in the bios then try reseating the graphics card.

If that don't work then its going to die or just damaged.

#6 Tokiya

Tokiya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

Yes, during the time I open my PC and use it, up until I close it. I am seeing those colorful things, and the when I click and open any folders, it loads up to 3-4 seconds.

As of now, I can use my computer and my screen is fine because the VGA cable is ported on board

#7 Tokiya

Tokiya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

here is my video card: SPARKLE GeForce7200 GS 256MB DDR2.

I still dont know what the problem is, I already reformatted my computer, can I reformat my Video Card as well?

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,136 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:39 PM

Since you stated "opened" its safe to assume you are using a laptop? There appears to be a problem with your LCD screen since it works correctly when connecting an external monitor. What is the make and model of the laptop?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#9 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 12:37 AM

I still dont know what the problem is, I already reformatted my computer, can I reformat my Video Card as well?

the only thing you can change in a video card is its bois
and updating or getting the bios from the maker(same version) will not fix this

#10 Tokiya

Tokiya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

Since you stated "opened" its safe to assume you are using a laptop? There appears to be a problem with your LCD screen since it works correctly when connecting an external monitor. What is the make and model of the laptop?

uhmm... sorry my bad, you got confused there. I mean when I turned on my PC and start using, the screen starts to produce those colors. Its like a Family computer game when you forcefully removed the game cartridge

How do I do that? and also my video card's box says that SMART INSTALL. what does that mean too?

thanks for all of you who reply =)

#11 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:59 AM

uhmm... sorry my bad, you got confused there. I mean when I turned on my PC and start using, the screen starts to produce those colors. Its like a Family computer game when you forcefully removed the game cartridge

How do I do that? and also my video card's box says that SMART INSTALL. what does that mean too?

Well it could be a bios update tool or just drivers.
But you should not need to update the bios .

Also remember that if some thing happens when updating the video bios(e.g. powercut) the video card is DEAD.

#12 Tokiya

Tokiya
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

Well it could be a bios update tool or just drivers.
But you should not need to update the bios .

Also remember that if some thing happens when updating the video bios(e.g. powercut) the video card is DEAD.

hmm~ ok. thanks

then, what should I do with problem of my video card?

#13 PCwarrior

PCwarrior

• Members
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:52 PM

Buy a cheap replacement and see if its the card thats causing this. A reasonable spare card is not a bank buster and may prove useful in the near future. Sounds like the cards got a issue to me. If you didn't update drivers to cause this then you could have a physical prob. like the card not seated ( maybe coming out of slot)(dust) or the fan toasted(and is in the process of killing card,idk if yours has 1). You might try a place (on net.) like new egg, that has reviews for products, to see if others have had similar problems with your card. Just my 2 cents . Best wishes

(new,12/23/09) ASUS Crosshair III, Phenom IIx4 955 Blk Ed, Zalman 9500 HS,MSI R9 390 vga, W-7/64bit, 8g/Corsair/1600 RAM, 850w HX Corsair PSU, WD CB/500gb HD, Pioneer CD/DVD, Smilodon/Dirk-Tooth(modded),  Wow shes old.. :blush:     :)

#14 TheEgg

TheEgg

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:21 AM

I hate to bump this topic, but I just had to say

That picture looks like a map from The Legend of Zelda (NES)! :thumbsup:

#15 syscorpsecure

syscorpsecure

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:28 AM

Quick question:

When your computer boots (starting up from the time you turn the power on) - do you see black and white images or text telling you about the startup process?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users