Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download Speeds - 3mbps wirelessly, 9kbps - 1mbps wired

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 indistress

indistress

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

Hi All,

I have a computer that is directly wired (via modem and router) to the Internet and 4 laptops that connect wirelessly.

I have cable internet that provides me with a speed of at least 3Mbps. When I run a speed test on my laptop, I get more than 3Mbps, but from the computer wired directly, I'm getting anywhere from 9kbps - 1.2Mbps, even when no one else is on any of the laptops. Why is this? :thumbsup:

I've checked task manager for CPU usage just to see if there might be any processes that might be hogging the resources but my cpu usage fluctuates only between 2 - 13%.

Additionally, I have checked any P2P software I might have installed, and it's free of any p2p software.

What I have not done yet is go into msconfig to check any startup programs that might be running in the background, since I'm not sure which programs are safe to disable. :trumpet:

This really concerns me because I work for people requiring me to have download speeds of at least 2Mbps and I need to be wired directly. :flowers:

What I can do to improve my download speed? Any suggestions would be of great help!

Thanks!

Edited by indistress, 18 November 2009 - 05:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ipsuggestion

ipsuggestion

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:07 AM

Just visit this link http://www.pctipsbox.com/how-to-increase-y...et-speed-by-20/ and get an idea about how to increase the speed then after complete the process check your internet speed from http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users