Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Bluetooth HID Mouse/Keyboard randomly stop working ALL THE TIME!! :(

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Slave2Society7

Slave2Society7

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

Hey guys, I've had this problem forever now and nothing I try has fixed it! I'd SOOOO appreciate any help I can get. I have a Rocketfish Wireless bluetooth keyboard and mouse and they have worked great for quite a while, but not anymore. I forget exactly when the problem started, but I have upgraded my motherboard and everything else that matters in my computer and reinstalled a valid windows vista basic OS on my PC and the problem still persists.

So the problem is that both, the mouse and keyboard, keep freezing throughout the day usually at the same time as each other or one after the other. But after about 30-40 seconds they start working again. I notice it happens more frequently when I'm running more apps or playing a high demanding game, but my computer always has leftover resources for anything that may need them. So makes no sense. After this this problem occurs Event Viewer will show two similar errors:

Warning Source: HidBth Event ID: 2
"Bluetooth HID device (00:02:76:12:fe:ec) either went out of range or became unresponsive."
and
"Bluetooth HID device (00:02:76:12:9e:86) either went out of range or became unresponsive."
(Notice the only difference are the device numbers... I figure one for the mouse and one for the keyboard)

I've tried everything that I know to do. I have the latest drivers from Microsoft although I have tried to install product drivers for my Rocketfish Bluetooth 2.0 EDR Class II Wireless USB Adapter from the rocketfish web site. They were here:
http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/pc-92-3-...sb-adapter.aspx
But when I tried to run the installer it says it I need to uninstall the current drivers, restart windows and try again. But when I uninstall the drivers and reboot.. windows installs them again automatically even when I tell it not to. Some people have suggested that it could be the power saving options, but I checked that out and the settings are fine. I even had Microsoft Tech support try and help... He told me he Installed the driver for the HID mouse and HID keyboard from the HID Compliant drivers. But of course that didn't work.

So at this point I am out of ideas! :huh: If someone can help me out it would be great! Lots of people may check this thread out in the future because everywhere else I looked no one had the answer. I hope that we get this issue fixed and it helps lots of others. This problem is causing issues with my employer because I work from home :huh: Ok well thanks in advance everyone :huh:

Colin
Willyoupleasehelpmefixmykeyboard?Thespacebarisbroken!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Slave2Society7

Slave2Society7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

Awww man, seriously? No one has any ideas huh? It's the biggest hassle ever and the problem doesn't even seem THAT complicated... but I guess it is. I'm completely stuck and don't know where to go from here :huh: Again, if anyone has any suggestions or even an idea of where to go online for some help, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks again,
Colin
Willyoupleasehelpmefixmykeyboard?Thespacebarisbroken!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users