Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Now I need a good antenna

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 491 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:39 PM

Hi,

I've been using my new 2250 Hauppauge TV Tuner card for a few weeks now and I'm finally getting to know it a little bit. I like it especially sense it has opened me up to HDTV - High Definition TV sense I am viewing it on my flat panel PC monitor; it's quit an eye opener for someone not so familiar with HDTV.

However, I'm noticing that the signal cuts out a bit and I'm sure that it is due to the pathetic antenna that I am using so I am hoping to get some good advice on what would be a good antenna to use in order to get a stable HD signal not only to my TV tuner card but also to my other none HDTV that has a bigger screen that is used for my regular TV viewing.

However, sense I've been turned onto HDTV I am now looking for an inexpensive 32" flat panel HDTV.

So, I would like to have an adequate HDTV antenna to handle two HDTV monitors, my PC monitor and the 32" flat panel HDTV that I hope to purchase soon. (I've heard that this is the season to do just that, look for HD TVs, I'll find out).

I am on the second floor of an apartment building and have access to the attic to put an antenna up there and drop a coaxial cable down to my apartment.

Here are the few choices that I have been entertaining for an antenna.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

(Not the best I think but I like the option to rotate it? People in their comments tend to say that omni directional antennas aren't necessarily very omni directional so I like this option to rotate the antenna here.)

(Again, not the best out there but if it's good enough and the price is right then it's a possibility?)

(I'm pretty sure this is a good choice if not one of the best that I know of for a HDTV antenna and I wont be surprised if I get most recommendations for this one?)

I'm not as familiar with the first two that I posted but I most certainly would like to hear what anyone else knows about them and their recommendations on what is and isn't a good choice for an a HDTV antenna.

I am within the city not far from the TV stations, a few miles but I'm still experiencing week channels and I would like to optimize my reception if I can so that I don't loose a signal in the middle of a program and/or recording one on my PC now that I have the Hauppauge TV tuner.

John

PS I am showing omni directional antennas and I'm pretty sure that would be the best choice for me. But I am open to suggestions. Thank you.

PPS If this doesn't belong here then please move it to where you think it should go, other than the trash bin please.

Edited by garmanma, 19 November 2009 - 01:16 PM.
Tweaked topic title

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users