Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dv6000 power switch issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jbokh

jbokh

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

The power switch on my dv6000 doesn't power the computer. I've taken the thing apart and checked/reseated the connections, and then shorted the power switch in case it was defective, but that didn't work either. I also removed all hardware (CD, wifi card, hard drive).
I figured the board was bad, but then I got it to turn on with the quickplay buttons for loading the HP os that just plays media. From there I can tell it to go to windows which successfully boots.
Has anyone had this problem? The exact p/n is EZ829AV which is NOT listed on the HP recall, although some of the symptoms are similar and its part of the dv6000 line. Any ideas of what to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jbokh

jbokh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:41 AM

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=225809
In case anyone ends up here with the same issue, this link has the solution: the cable itself was bad.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

Thank you for posting back with your solution
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users