Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help...computer shuts off!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 sweetie8

sweetie8

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:48 PM

:thumbsup: My computer keeps shutting down all by its self and I don't know why....it's driviing me crazy...can't run any scans or do anything...Please help....do I need to have it looked at professionally or should I format my drive?
I am lost....not too good with the mechanics of this whole thing. :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:42 PM

it is a possibility that its overheating... how many fans you have in it? where is it located? please tell us all about your computer so that we could help. thanx

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:42 PM

Hello Again,

You're still fighting this shut down issue? Let's take a logical approach right click my computer and select manage. Then click the plus sign next to Event Viewer. Then click system and let's look for errors and warnings just before the computer shuts down you may need to let it shut down then note the time on the computer the check the event log. Post back here with the result.
Posted Image

#4 sweetie8

sweetie8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:58 PM

yes, there are a few ERROR signs for Service Control Manager
Also Warning sign for-Tcpip and another for w32time
does that help?

#5 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:03 PM

If you double click on the errors they give yo more info lets get out then pen and paper and take a look at those errors for the service control manager. Double click each one and jot down any pertinent info
Posted Image

#6 sweetie8

sweetie8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:16 PM

The IPSEC Services terminated with the following error:%%4294967295

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts

The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usuable time stamp.The system clock is unsynchronized.

#7 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

Nothing really suspicious there lets do the same thing for applications and look for the time again
Posted Image

#8 sweetie8

sweetie8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:11 AM

By the way I really appreciate you taking the time to look into this for me.

ERROR-Fauling application imnotfy.exe,version 4.0.0.2031,faulting module sfttv32.dll,version 4.0.1.100,fault address 0x0000df4d

WARNING-windows saved user DEBBIE-91bj782L\JSON regisrty while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

ERROR- SYSTEM F-Secure Antivirus Malicious code found in file C:|documents and settingsDEBBIE\LOCALSETTINGS|TEMPINTERNETFILES|CONTENT.IE5\WLUZWTYJ\ASS(i).HTM.

Infection.Exploit.HTML.Mht.

Backweb Plug-in-3875 failed to create process as user

SYSTEM F-secure Management Agent
The incremental policy file(policy.ipf) was corrupted and a backup copy of it was successfully taken into use.Some local settings or statistics mayhave been lost.

Faulting application iexplore.exe.version 6.0.2900.2180,faulting module winsflt.dll.version 3.1.0.27 0x0002b5ec

Hanging application iexplore.exe version 6.0.2900.2180, hang module hungapp.version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000

#9 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:33 AM

There may be some things here we need to deal with. Give me some time to research and I'll post my response. In the meantime in case this is just and overheating issue you may try removing the side panel and blowing a house fan inthe case for better air circulation. Also, if you familiar with the bios of your system their should be a section for system/computer health this should list the temp it's running at and other things. When you reboot it says something like press F2 for setup or something to that effect. Let's see if we can get that temp.
Posted Image

#10 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:27 AM

RROR-Fauling application imnotfy.exe,version 4.0.0.2031,faulting module sfttv32.dll,version 4.0.1.100,fault address 0x0000df4d

This is a stop error code 0x0000df4d
This dll sfttv32 I think refers to incredimail. Do yo run that on your system? If so let's uninstalling it, reboot and see how long you stay running.
Posted Image

#11 sweetie8

sweetie8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:47 PM

Yes I run incrediamail and I uninstalled it and tryed to get on the site were the comp was shutting off...but as soon as I did that it shut off again...I then went to a restore point and I couldn't get online at all then so I restored back to todays date and so far I haven't had a shut down.I am going to do somethings in the next hour that usually cause it to shut off and see if I have any problems.I will post back later tonight and let you know.
Thanks for all the help!
I hope its fixed and if so I have no idea what was the problem.
Thanks again. :thumbsup:

#12 sweetie8

sweetie8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:52 PM

All righty then! Geez that didn't solve anything. Computer was running finefor my bf, he was logged on all day on his side and had no shut offs today, I got him to go to Pogo texas holdem where it shuts off on me all the time and he got there just fine....So I logged in and went to site and BAM! shuts off! I don't get it! :thumbsup:

#13 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:28 PM

ERROR-Fauling application imnotfy.exe,version 4.0.0.2031,faulting module sfttv32.dll,version 4.0.1.100,fault address 0x0000df4d

Faulting application iexplore.exe.version 6.0.2900.2180,faulting module winsflt.dll.version 3.1.0.27 0x0002b5ec

Hanging application iexplore.exe version 6.0.2900.2180, hang module hungapp.version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000

These are giving stop error codes. The first one is related to incredemail and the last two are related o internet explorer.

You said your BF was logged in and had no issues, but when you logged in the same issues presented themselves.

There is something in your profile that is causing this problem there is a reference to your temp folder in the error log.

ERROR- SYSTEM F-Secure Antivirus Malicious code found in file C:|documents and settingsDEBBIE\LOCALSETTINGS|TEMPINTERNETFILES|CONTENT.IE5\WLUZWTYJ\ASS(i).HTM.

Have you ever cleaned out your temp files? right click my computer, select explore, expand (click plus sign) documents and settings locat your profile (login name and expand it. Look for local settings, if not there click tools at the top, select folder options, click view, scroll down and put a check next to show hidden files and folders click apply and look again. In local settings there should be two folders Temp and Temporary internet files open the temp folder and click edit, select all and delete. In temporary internet files there will be a folder content IE5 open it do the same process edit, select all, delete some of the items may not be able to be deleted. hold down the control button and click them with the mouse and select delete again. Reboot and try pogo again (love that game site too).
Posted Image

#14 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:22 PM

Infection.Exploit.HTML.Mht.

Backweb Plug-in-3875 failed to create process as user

SYSTEM F-secure Management Agent
The incremental policy file(policy.ipf) was corrupted and a backup copy of it was successfully taken into use.Some local settings or statistics mayhave been lost.

NAME: Exploit.HTML.Mht
ALIAS: MS04-025, CAN-2004-0549

-------------------------------------------------
From F-Secure Virus Descriptions : Exploit.HTML.Mht

An exploit is a malicious code or script that uses a vulnerability in order to infect your computer.

The HTML.Mht exploit is embedded into HTML web pages you may view. It downloads and installs malicious programs on your computer by using a security vulnerability in Internet Explorer. Had you kept your computer current on updates you wouldn't have been infected.

More information about this security vulnerability, including a fix, is available from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/MS04-025.mspx

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-025
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (867801)

Issued: July 30, 2004
Updated: August 1, 2004
Version: 2.0
Summary

Who should read this document: Customers who use Microsoft® Internet Explorer

Impact of Vulnerability: Remote Code Execution

Maximum Severity Rating: Critical

Recommendation: Customers should apply the update immediately.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/MS04-025.mspx

Here we see yet another example of what happens when users who sign on using administrator privileges do not pay attention to downloading critical updates!

Edited by Enthusiast, 09 August 2005 - 05:30 PM.

#15 sweetie8

sweetie8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:35 PM

:thumbsup: Thank you again for all the help. I did everything that you said and fingers crossed alls well, funny thing is, I have a automatic updater for windows, so why didn't it download what was needed?
Im going to play pogo....will post back if any problems....and THANK YOU soooo much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users