Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program Files Folder.....QUESTION

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dragon-tattoo

dragon-tattoo

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:22 PM

I want to know why sometimes after uninstalling a program, the program's folder will stay in the Program Files folder. I want to delete this folder, but they normally contain .dll files, and it says that some programs may not work if you delete this folder. Can I get rid of them some how? THANKS! Nikki :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:56 PM

When they give you a message that says some folders might not work, they mean that program might not work. But since you already uninstalled them you can freely delete them.

#3 dragon-tattoo

dragon-tattoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:21 PM

When they give you a message that says some folders might not work, they mean that program might not work. But since you already uninstalled them you can freely delete them.

Thanks for the reply. So, for sure the .dll files won't be needed by any other programs? Thanks, Nikki

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:49 PM

well usually other porgams dont rel on each other, so i would say yes its safe to delete them.

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:40 AM

Shared dll files may be used by numerous programs and deleting a system file for storage of and access of dlls can cause all kinds of problems in your system.

What is your fetish for deleting things that the stystem warns you against removing?

#6 dragon-tattoo

dragon-tattoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:14 PM

so now someone says it's ok and someone else says it's not ok? ethusiast.. i just want to delete the folders of old programs i have already uninstalled in the Program Files folder. They are just annoying and numerous. Thanks....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users