Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ms office 2003 update problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 crazy1

crazy1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:47 PM

:thumbsup: hi y'all,greetings,help me out if you can.ms office 2003,after i receive my sp3 update download and it begins to install,it flashes this error.....microsoft office professional edition 2003,the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable........click ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "PRO11.MSI" in the box below.....use source..........E:\APPLIC~1\OFFICE~1\
ERROR 1706
I have tried to find out from ms about this issue today and yesterday,after 15 or 16 hours of reading back and forth between the mskb,msdn,technet,and office online,i am more confused than ever.
i bought this ibm t42 used with xp pro and office 2003 on it.windows updates correctly,but office is not.anybody have any suggestions?! i'll be your bff if you help me.somehow i will repay whoever helps me.if you live around the winston-salem,n.c. area where i work i would be willing to do house repairs or landscaping as repayment,lol
bleeping computer to the rescue!! thanks ,roy contact at rmyersjr1961@live.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 PM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:27 AM

It sounds like Office Update is looking for the install file just to confirm that you have the media and the install is legit. One thing you can do is run a search of your hard drive to see if whoever you bought the computer from happened to copy the Office disk to the computer. Failing that you will need a copy of the disk for this to update. Is ther someone you know that maight have a disk you can borrow?
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users