Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MICROSFT SYNC FEEDS HAS ENCOUNTERD a prob

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 teltom

teltom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

MY PROBLEM IS IM NOT A DR.OF COMPUTERS,SO IM CLOSE TO ALMOST SOMEWHAT CLUELESS ON HOW TO SLOVE THIS PROBLEM,I PULLED A FAIRLY NEW COMPAQ 3.2GB FROM A CLIENTS DUMPSTER,HE SAID HAVE FUN??,I WAS THRILLED,IT WAS CLOSE TO NEW,WELL HE DIDNT SAY OR TELL ME WHY OR WHAT THE RERASON WAS FOR HIS THROWING IT IN THE GARBAGE??I DIDNT CARE, THE FiRST THING I DID WAS ATTEMPT TO CHANGE THE OS FROM VISTA HOME-EDITION ,TO WIN-XP PRO SP2?, I SOON DISCOVERED MICROSOFT WASNT RECPTIVE OR HELPFUL,NOR WAS COMPAQS SUPPORT AREA on HOW TO DOWNGRADE TO XP FROM VISTA,AFTER A CPL of TEARS AND SIGHS OF UNHAPPYNESS I AT LAST HAD XP INSTALLED,BUT HAD TO SEARCH FOR THE DRIVEWRS FOR EVERYTHING .,,WELL IT WORKED FOR MAYBE 2 WKS OR SO ,AND THEN THE ERROR MESSAGE STARTED TO HAPPEN CLOSE TO 2-5 MINUTES,SAYING MICROSOFT IS SORRY BUT IT NEEDS TO CLOSE YOUR PROGRAM AND TO BAD SO SAD BUT MICROSOFT FEEDS SYNCHRONIZATION HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE,PLS SEND ERROR REPORT TP US SO WE CAN FIND THE PROBLEM>>YEA SURE,SO EVERY ONE WHO HAS HEARD OR KNEW OF THIS ERROR ON THERE MACHINE, PLEASE ADVISE WHAT I CAN DO ,THANK YOU IN ADVANCE I LOOK FOWARD TO ANY RESPONSES,SINCEREY ,TELTOM IN TULSA,OK

P.S I SURE HOPE I DIDNT LEAVE ANY TECHNICAL DETAILS OUT,IF I DID PLEASE LET ME KNOW Whatelse,??Thank everyone LAST REMEMBERED I UPGRADE WIN XP SP 2 TO 3 THATS WHEN EVERTHIG STARTED TO GOP SOUTH O ME ,DUH FORGOT THE IMPORTANT UPGRADE TO SP 3 ,DUH?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:37 PM

Either update your Internet Explorer to latest version and install latest service packs and hotfixes.
OR
Use Opera, Firefox or Google Chrome (any of these browsers is recommended over Internet Explorer)

Opera : http://www.opera.com
Firefox : http://www.mozilla.com
Chrome : http://www.google.com/chrome

#3 syscorpsecure

syscorpsecure

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

Need to start at the simple fix and work our way up...

What version of Internet Explorer is installed?

According to Microsoft, Feed Synchronization comes with Internet Explorer version 7. If you have IE7 installed and then removed it, which is what it sounds like, then you need to reinstall it.

Try this and see if it helps.

To get the installation files from Microsoft, go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

#4 Ken-in-West-Seattle

Ken-in-West-Seattle

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

You may want to stop typing in all caps.

The error message is a generic message shown when something has crashed under xp and the os can only tell what the program is . And that is not 100% either. I suspect MS drops the info in a black hole. The mechanism was used while each of the last three OS's were in beta. I have never gotten a reply from one outside the beta programs.

If the error is to be believed, your IE has rss feeds enabled and it is being blocked by your firewall
or
Your IE has rss feeds enabled and something else is causing it to crash.

If you want to disable rss feeds :
1. In IE click the Tools button and select Internet Options from the pop-up menu.
2. Choose the Content tab of the Internet Options dialog box, click the Settings button in the Feeds section of the dialog box.
3. In the Feed Settings dialog box, uncheck the "Automatically check feeds for updates" check box

There are several other ways this can get buggered but most are the result of mixed ie 6,7,or 8 files.

Of course Romeo29 is correct as well in that all other browsers will not generate this error.

You can order recovery disks for almost any compaq laptop in the last 10 years from the HP/compaq site. Some give you the choice of xp or vista. The cost is usually under 20.00. They will only supply the versions that came with your model. Really recent models offer upgrades to win7 for a cheap price.

If you cannot find the info, post your part number and make sure you can read the serial number and I can point you at the right page to choose your disks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users