Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

really slow boot time andslow program start ups

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 chrickt67

chrickt67

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

I have windows vista home premium and it take 2/3 min for the system to boot up and now if i want to open a program sometimes it will open and sometimes takes forever to open. System seem to be really slugish and i have use regcure to clean the registry, kaspersky 2010 sannned and found nothing , as well as malwarebytes i need some help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 PM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:08 PM

You realy should be careful using registry cleaners,they can do more harm than good.I googled regcure and its rated bad both with WOT and hphosts.I would only ever use a reg cleaner that backs up my system first.So if you have any problems you can restore your previous settings.A reg cleaner that takes out a wrong key could crash your system making it unbootable.

My first bit of advice would be to uninstal regcure.Download ccleaner a good product from piriform and leave it on default settings and use the broom part of the programme and let it clean your hard drive.Then I would defrag my hard drive with a defragmentation tool like auslogics defrag.Both of these programmes are freeware and will not cost you a penny unlike regcure.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

Hello,

Because you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270800/newbiie-here/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :huh:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users