Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows police pro+Trojan=laptop shaped paper weight

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 elmo6or9

elmo6or9

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

I have a dell Inspiron e1505 laptop running Windows xp, running avast antivirus. So this started about a month ago when the laptop got infected with Windows Antivirus Pro. It disabled task manger and system restore and deleted my restore points. It also started fighting with avast. I followed the instructions on bleepingcomputer.com and restored task manager ended the programs removed the file and ran Malwarebytes. This took care of Windows Antivirus Pro but then my avast and malwarebytes started conflicting with each other. To make matter worse after having avast do a full scan of the my computer (which takes forever) it found several infected files and a Trojan. I tried having avast quarantine them but that did not help so I had it try to delete the files also to no avail.

So I decided that what I needed was a new antivirus and had just ordered viper anti-virus so that I did not have conflicting anti virus and anti-malware While waiting for the snail mail to ship bring me my new software Windows Police Pro showed up and the whole thing went off the rails. Suddenly there was a free for all with malwarebytes, avast and windows police pro boxing it out and computer became useless. First I got constant alerts from avast that my computer was infected but any time I tried to have it do anything windows police pro trumped it an ended the action. Same thing happened when I tried to run a scan with malwarebytes. It disabled task manger and system restore and deleted my restore points again.

At first it let me get on the internet and even download files; so I came to bleepingcomputer.com and found instructions for dealing with windows police pro. When I downloaded rkill.com and tried to run it a small black window flashed on and of the screen instantly but it was too fast to read what it said. After that happened I was no longer able to open any programs. If I tried to open the program the black widow would flash open and close. Eventual the widow started to stay open. It stated that my computer did not have enough ram to run the program. I restarted the computer in hopes that would clear the memory so I could run rkill.com but it got worse.

Now windows loads but I canít open any folders, when I run to mouse over the start menu it shows the hour glass even when I have let the computer run for hours. The computer is totally no responsive now. When I start it in safe mode I get a blue screen that states that ďA problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.Ē It gives the technical information

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7A42528, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have no information on the Trojan. Is there any hope for me do I need to do a full reinstall. Any help would be great.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users