Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Prompt for restart loop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CacheMoney

CacheMoney

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

After an apparent automatic update - There is a repetitive pop up from the windows update that it needs to restart. After a restart, shortly thereafter it prompts for a restart once again. Anyone else seeing this? I disabled reboot after update with no joy. I've stopped the automatic update service as a last resort and so far so good. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this, and if you have do you know of a solution. I'm thinking it may be something changed in group policy but can find nothing so far. Everyone seems to be effected by this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 figgis41

figgis41

• Members
  • 801 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:04 PM

hi,,,, use the recovery disc to boot from and enter the recovery menu and use the system restore to restore to the point made just before the updates,,,, same thing happens on vista sometimes and this is the only way to get out the loop,,,,,,,,,
good luck.
Figgis,,,, LUFC

#3 CacheMoney

CacheMoney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:32 AM

Much appreciated. Thanks for the reply. :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic