Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rootkit yet again

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bowled

Bowled

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:00 PM

Have got vista
got told that I had a MBR 3 weeks ago got charged 45 to get rid of it and re-istall my OS
last week avg found I had trojans and rootkits on so went back to shop he said comp full of them, only paid 15 and he just wiped my hard drive and I re-installed it myself, I assume my Os disk was okay

put avg 9 and malware bytes, mawarebytes made my hard drive make a funny noise, so removed it, everything okay till ran rootkit scan and it found one

kept off sites that are dodgy, only been on justin tv watching sports

avg says i have "C:\Windows\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys";"Hidden driver";"Object is hidden" and asks me if I really want to delete it, do I delete it?

dont want to spend anymore money getting it fixed so any help would be appreciated. dont mind paying small amount, am sick to death of it

Edited by Pandy, 17 November 2009 - 02:33 PM.
Moved from HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bowled

Bowled
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:36 PM

avg has removed it
but any way to make sure its gone please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users