Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I check ink levels on HP Photosmart 1215

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 greystoke

greystoke

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:46 AM

I used to have tools to checkout my printer. Cannot find. I would like to be able to check the ink levels. Any ideas?
Went to HP website couldn't find any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:22 AM

I have an HP printer, not the same model as yours. Usually with a brand the software is generally the same for the various models so I'm offering this.
Hopefully this will work for you.

From Start menu, go to Control Panel.

Open up Printers and Faxes. RIGHT CLICK on your HP icon.

Click on Printing Preferences to open preferences.

Next click on Features tab; at the bottom choose Printer Services.

When it opens, click Estimated Ink Levels or something similar.

Another method which may work for you and easier than going to Control Panel:
In your start menu, do you see HP Solution Center?
If so, open it up. Click Settings, then Status.
If there are a couple of icons in the box that opens, click on the one for estimated ink levels.

If you don't have Solution Center in Start menu you may have a folder called HP. The Solution Center should be listed within that folders.

Opening up the Toolbox as described above will also allow you to clean the print cartridge, align the page, and print a test page.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 November 2009 - 10:35 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,261 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:29 AM

I would try uninstalling all HP software...then reinstalling same, http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...mp;swEnvOID=228

Louis

#4 dreamchaser214

dreamchaser214

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

I agree with Queen-Evi. Usually, printers have Ink level indicators available in the product software. Use the directions that apply to your product software to find the ink level indicator. However, Ink level alerts and indicators can't always be accurate coz they only provide estimates for planning purposes only. When you receive a low ink alert, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not have to replace the cartridges until the print quality becomes unacceptable. :thumbsup:

Edited by dreamchaser214, 17 November 2009 - 11:18 AM.

#5 greystoke

greystoke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:00 AM

Queen-Evie,

Thank you. It worked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users