Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Modem not detected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tremoloPete

tremoloPete

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

Hi all,

I recently re-installed windows xp on my computer but now when I try to connect to the internet an error ocurs stating that the modem is not detected

The pc was connecting to the net prior to the re-installation of XP so Im suspecting that Im in need of a modem driver maybe! I cannot find out any information about the modem in the system tools. By the way Im using a dial up connection and the modem is internal.

What action should I take and how do I know which driver to use?

...please help!

[I]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 11:52 PM

This little program will tell you all you want to know about the hardware on your computer

http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en
Posted Image

#3 tremoloPete

tremoloPete
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:06 PM

I downloaded this program and you're right it does seem pretty good for finding out system info. However, could you tell me what direction exactly I should be looking in to figure out which modem driver I need to install? Am I trying to find out my computers chipset?

#4 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:30 PM

Who is the manufacturer of the motherboard?
Posted Image

#5 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:45 PM

i doubt you are looking for an onboard modem. why don't you turn off your computer, take off a side, find the modem, take it out (easy) , and write down everything you can, go to www.driverguide.com
username-driver2
password-all
use the simple search to locate the drivers, if you are having a hard time, there is a live chat there with people to help you
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users