Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"New Item" Menu?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:46 PM

Ok, i saw the tip a while ago in this forum, but i can't seem to find it again. There was a way to edit the "New ->" menu after you right-click on the desktop. It enables you to add/delete different objects you wouldn't need to add. I got a lot of useless junk i'm not going to create (such as "new bitmap image" or new "wave sound").

How do you do this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:28 PM

Is this the thread you were looking for?

Add more locations to "Send To", right-click file --> Send To
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:38 PM

Nah, there was a way to get all the junk off the "New ->" menu, so that it takes up less space....

Am i just imagining this was real, or is it actually real...... i was pretty positive there was a way to do that, but i can't remember how to do it or where to find it...

#4 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:01 PM

I am not sure about how to edit the menu after right clicking the desktop, but TweakUI allows you to add or remove items from this menu. Just go to the templates category and remove the check mark from the appropriate box to remove it from the menu. This way if you change your mind you can still restore it to the menu with out any trouble.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx
There is no justice, there is just us.

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:48 PM

I am not sure about how to edit the menu after right clicking the desktop, but TweakUI allows you to add or remove items from this menu. Just go to the templates category and remove the check mark from the appropriate box to remove it from the menu. This way if you change your mind you can still restore it to the menu with out any trouble.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

Yeah, that's exactly what i was looking for. Thanx Ronbo :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users