Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE, FF, and Opera won't connect with internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marcella

Marcella

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:55 PM

It started about a year ago, some websites on AOL wouldn't load. Usually it was those who required passwords (forums/e-mail). Since I had other browsers it didn't bother me and I switched to IE and FF. Then about 8 months ago IE just completly stopped functioning. I tried everything to make it function again but nothing worked. Still, FF and Opera worked so I didn't worry much. Then about two weeks ago FF and Opera stopped working.

I can still connect with some websites through AOL, but not my e-mail which is my main purpose for having a computer in the first place. Without e-mail I can't work so it's a big problem.

At that time, my computer had gotten infested with the pests Personal Guard 2009 and axel.dav. I thought that by getting rid of them I would be able to use EI, FF, and Opera again but I still can't connect. I am going crazy trying to my browsers to work. Any help will be GREATLY appriciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:57 PM

It sounds as though you are infected but before you go over to the " Am i infected What do i do " section of the forums have you checked your services to see if they are all in order, depending wat your OS is if its Xp or Vista they need checking to check these go to run XP or start vista and type in services.msc this opens your services up and then to check they are all as they should be go here http://www.blackviper.com/
Hope this Helps ! :thumbsup:

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users