Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus System Pro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tom6245

Tom6245

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

Hello all...This is my first post to this site. I was sent here by an expert who wanted to see if I could solve my problem straightaway. However, that was optimistic I guess.

I too have this apparent "spyware" (Antivirus System Pro) popping up and proposing to scan my PC. I stopped it from doing that, but apparently it has taken residence anyway.

My particular issue is that it is preventing me from executing other virus removal software (e.g., AVG). I also downloaded "combofix" following instructions, but the infection prevented an execution to start with the message that the "combofix.exe was infected".

Additionally with this virus, I cannot access software delete options via my control panel.

Tdentity of the virus suggests: BankerFox A, Nugel.E, or BHO.JEW.

I'm on a Dell 4700 using MS Windows XP.

...Tom6245

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crusher75060

Crusher75060

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 12:29 PM

I'm seeing the very same thing on a system I am trying to clear for a friend. None of the tools I have can touch this. In addition to the above mention problems, I'm also unable to connect to the internet via IE. If I boot from Bart PE I have no issue. I've tried removing IE and re-installing and that didn't help at all. I can ping other addresses. Any suggestions or help for this guy would benifit us both.

Bill

Edited by Crusher75060, 22 January 2010 - 12:30 PM.

#3 looney2340

looney2340

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

This is a suggestion im working on a computer now with the same issue i cant click or execute any program from any icon or any exe not even control panel....if you can get a copy of malwarebytes update it and run it it helped me at least get it running to the point where i can stay online and work on it. One other suggestion try not turning off your computer or restarting it if you can help it at lest until you know its clean ...it will reinfect it happened to the one im working on as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users