Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error with Windows 7 -Drive 0 not found, serial ATA, SATA-0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jsoto1999

jsoto1999

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:20 PM

Once in a while I keep getting this error after installing Windows 7. Error usually occurs when the computer is left on idle.

"Drive 0 not found: Serial ATA, SATA-0
Strike F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility"

After I hold down the power button and restart, windows restart without a problem.

Please help.

thank you in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:09 AM

I am sorry to say, but in my opinion this is not a Windows issue. I think this is a hardware problem. Possibilities that come to mind are :

- a failing hard drive
- loose or bad power or data cable of the hard disk
- bios is not setup correctly. bios is looking for some unavailable sata disk.

You can check or change the cables. You can setup the BIOS to boot from your hard disk first.
You cannot ignore the possibility of a failing drive so try to make a backup of important files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users