Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor.tdss.565

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 abcexciter

abcexciter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:51 PM

First I need to apologize. I did run combofix.exe, but that was before learning of this site. I was not aware that I should not run it before asking for advise.

The problem started I beleive on 11/12/09. I was infected with a virus(es) by an advertisement on deviantart.com. The first thing I noticed was being redirected to random websites after clicking on search results in google. Other problems include not being able to open any local folders. Booting to "Safe Mode" allows me to open folders on the hard drive. One of this first things I tried was running malwarebytes. The malwarebytes application would not run. I downloaded and installed the latest version but the mbam.exe was magically deleted by the end of the installation. I was able to rename the mbam.exe to mbam2.exe before the installation was complete. This allowed me to run the application which found many viruses and repaired them. However, my problems mentioned before did not go away. I then ran Dr. Web Cureit and also (I'm sorry) Combofix.exe. Dr. Web Cureit would find the backdoor.tdss.565 on running applications and would eradicate it, but it kept coming back. It also found backdoor.tdss.1133, which I haven't been able to find anything about. I've also tried running Rootkit Buster and Spybot S&D but neither of these applications will even install. I'm not sure what, but I'm sure I've attempted many other things. I've been working at this for days.

I still cannot open folders and IE keeps redirecting me to random sites. Please Help!!!!

Thank you for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users