Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Build Help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 obxdude018

obxdude018

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:26 PM

Ok I have all the parts for my new computer, I went to install all of them and turn it on and got no power. I have the 24 pin and the 8 pin connectors to the Mobo, connected the power button connectors and all the other connections and no luck.

My setup is
Gigabyte 790X Mobo
Antec 650W. PSU
Phenom II X4 940B.E CPU
Dual Radeon HD 4850 Graphics
Lite-On Blu-ray player
640GB HDD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RainbowSix

RainbowSix

• Members
  • 604 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

Did you turn on the computer from the rear I/O switch?
[ Antec 1200 v3 | Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 3.1 | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T (overclocked to 4GHz) | Corsair XMS3 4x4GB DDR3 1600 | COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 600W & Visiontek Juice Box 450W | SAMSUNG 470 Series 64GB SSD | WD Caviar Black 640GB & Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD | 2x XFX Radeon HD 5770 in Crossfire | SAMSUNG 22X DVD±RW | Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit]

CompTIA A+ certified
Stringfellow Electronics

#3 obxdude018

obxdude018
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

Yes I turned the switch on the power supply, I have tested the power supply and I was able to get my fans to turn on by testing the green wire and a ground on the connector coming from the psu, but when I connect it to the Mobo and push the power button nothing happens.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:09 PM

Try reseating the RAM and video card.

Speaking of RAM, why no mention?

Louis

#5 obxdude018

obxdude018
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

I am running 2G right now, just so I could set all the drivers and bios up, my new ram is coming tomorrow. Just for verification, the video card shouldn't be the issue, I could have it out and the mobo should still run I would just have no picture, I don't know if that is the same for the ram.

#6 obxdude018

obxdude018
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:30 PM

Ok new update, I was messing around with it this morning, I took my motherboard out of the case and went to turn it on and it worked, I turned it off, put it back in the case and tryed to turn it on and nothing happened, am I grounding out the motherboard.

#7 DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:34 PM

Ok new update, I was messing around with it this morning, I took my motherboard out of the case and went to turn it on and it worked, I turned it off, put it back in the case and tryed to turn it on and nothing happened, am I grounding out the motherboard.

Sounds like it. Did you install the case stand offs in the appropriate holes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users