Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD's On CD-R's

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 samjr67

samjr67

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:28 PM

Is it possible to burn cd-r's to play in a dvd player? Is there software to do this? I'm running Win Xp Home on a AMD Athlon 2400+ 1.9ghz. with somewhere around 384 Pc2100 ddr ram. I have 2 cdrw drives. Nero is one software. Windows runs the other. thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keilpark

keilpark

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:38 PM

Hi,
Yes it is possible but your dvd player has to be able to play the file.
such as if you want to do video clips movies.
nero will convert them to vcd or svcd and burn them onto a cd-r but like i said your play has to beable to play them.

checkout your player or burn a small clip as vcd and try it.
good luck.
kp

#3 samjr67

samjr67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:08 PM

Thanks...I'm gonna try it right now. I'll let you know how it works.

#4 samjr67

samjr67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2005 - 03:08 PM

yup....works just fine. Now where to find some vids to download....hmmm? Thanks for your help.

#5 dethkytwn

dethkytwn

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:57 PM

Couple places you can download movies...uh hum....to make back-up copies of movies you already own of course...is mininova.com....demonoid.com....those are a couple to get you started.

Heads up...NewEgg.com is a GREAT...BEYOND GREAT online store. They currently have a NEC 16x DVD burner for $44.99 plus $4 shipping. Hell of a buy. I ordered mine on Thursday and got it today! Works great!

That way you won't have to post on here asking how do you break up 1Gb+ movie to fit onto a CD-R. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users