Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows did not pass validation?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Big Sin

Big Sin

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:01 PM

I have a PC with windows XP Pro SP3. I got the "you may be a victim of windows conterfeiting".

I obtained a legit brand new copy of windows XP Pro from Best Buy.

I returned home with my new copy and put it into the CD tray....nothing happens. I restart the computer go into the BIOS and select my CD drive to boot first....nothing happens. I went through my computer went to my CD drive and selected right clicked selected run...nothing happens.

I have also tried running it from clicking start and going to run, again nothing happened. I put in two different DVD's and 3 audio CD's(none of them which were burned) and they ran just fine, the only disk that will not work is the new XP CD.

Anyone ever heard of this?

This is really as simple as I can make it, I guess more info could be provided if I knew exactly what to look for.
Viludge Idiot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

Try the CD on a different system...installing XP can be stopped at various points.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Big Sin

Big Sin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:25 PM

Try the CD on a different system...installing XP can be stopped at various points.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

CD worked on my neighbors PC which was promptly aborted, I guess I should have typed that in the first post...sorry about that.

The system is just a homebuilt mutt. I was more or less just wanting to get the windows thing fixed so I could run both windows and linux on this one that way if I screw something up in linux it wouldn't be on my new computer.
Viludge Idiot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users