Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Big Sin

Big Sin

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:36 PM

If this is in the wrong area of the forum I do apologize.

Anyway I am looking for some information as far as training/education goes.

I do not really wish nor do I have the time as I'm almost 30 to spend 4 years going to college for a degree in computer science.

I've noticed a lot of these 1 week crash courses for various certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+...as these are the things that interest me the most they are very appealing, however I don't think I can learn too much about networking in 35.5 hours of classroom time. It just doesn't seem logical that in less than 40 hours I can be prepared to pass a certification exam and be able to back up the cert with my work.

Passing the test after 35.5 hours if it's strictly test prep is one thing, but actually using the certs to obtain employment and be able to handle the work given is another story.

Anyone happen to know of these courses I speak of? If so how in-depth do they really get? I found some courses that last 6-9 weeks but it's only 3-4 hours a day twice a week.

I have to do something quick as machining isn't really picking up in Michigan and it looks like going to computers is my only option, anyone help get me into the right direction?

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Add topic description

Edited by garmanma, 16 November 2009 - 03:06 PM.

Viludge Idiot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users