Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Beep Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jom

jom

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:04 PM

OK, since last week I've been getting a system beep while IN Windows. This is not the POST beep (which is normal). This is after I've logged into XP and all else seems normal. Every once in awhile I'll get one beep and now this weekended I started getting two beeps along with the one beep every so often. How do I diagnose this problem? What tools do I have at my disposal? Is there a log file for this somewhere? I've looked at the Event logger and it seems normal.

Thanks for any help.

jom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,235 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

First thing I would do...go into the BIOS/Setup and see if the system/motherboard heat warning is enabled (I disable mine). That could be what you are hearing periodically.

Louis

#3 jom

jom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for that Louis. My BIOS had it disabled.

Speaking of temps, I also run something called SpeedFan which gives me the temp of several devices. The CPU is at a normal temp. The only thing that is a bit toasty is the GPU. However, after looking up some info on the net about it most seem to run it even higher than that, 75C in some cases.

Any other places I can look?

Thanks

jom

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,235 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:38 PM

I don't know of any other sources for a beep/alarm of any sort...other than the BIOS alert systems.

Have you checked your system documentation?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users