Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Update Fails ? Any ideas?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 javaseth

javaseth

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:31 AM

I've been trying to install the "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework Family Update (KB951847)x64" update, but the installation fails. I get Error code 666. Why wouldn't this install?

Thanks in advance!

Seth

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:40 AM

I would first try uninstalling and reinstalling .NET 3.5. If this does not work You may need to cleanup any fragments of .NET then reinstall.

First part, try using Add/Remove Programs and look for all .NET versions and uninstall them. If you get an error at any point uninstalling any version of .NET, then try the .NET Cleanup Tool. This tool is being pointed to by an MSDN Blog post and I've personally used it in the past to fix many errors with .NET.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users