Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

re computer blankig out

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lemarc

lemarc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:09 AM

Hi
Can any of you computer experts help me find a solution to a promblem I keep getting.
My monitor screen keeps on blanking out for a second or two also my mouse cursor keeps on frezzing up on me, I have no Idea what this could be, hope this makes sense.
Lemarc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lemarc

lemarc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:22 AM

Hi
Forgot to mention that we also get a message stating that the nvida drive has stopped, but when we go into this it states that it is working also when we scan for updates on this it states that it has the best updated driver for this computer.
H...........lp
Lemarc

#3 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:22 AM

You may want to try going into Add/Remove Programs and uninstalling your existing Nvidia Drivers, download the newest drivers from the Nvidia Website and reinstall.

I've noticed when installing updated drivers over exsiting Nvidia drivers, sometimes I've had problems very similar to what you are experiencing.

*Update* After reading your other post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271810/re-computer-blankig-out/ it is still possible that you have a driver issue.

You may also have a Video card issue with the video card overheating or, you may also have an issue of not enough power meaning you need a bigger power supply ( i.e. 350w instead of 250w )

Hope this helps,

Edited by techextreme, 16 November 2009 - 07:27 AM.

Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users