Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC FREEZES?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cantona

cantona

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:23 AM

Hi

For some reason my pc keeps freezing...i have xp home...i have no spyware or adaware or viruses etc (i run scans regulary)...recently i downloaded new drivers for my 6600GT and i thought this coulve been the problem so i went back to my old drivers except my pc continues to freeze unexpectadly...could anyone help?

my spec:

Athlon 64 3200+
512mb
120gb
Nvdia 6600GT
K8N NEO2 Platinum

Thanx

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 windowsxp550

windowsxp550

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:54 AM

Did you happen to install the Chipset Drivers (or update them recently)?

The NVidia GART Driver, has been the culprit in causing random system freezes. Check to see if you have that installed, if it is, uninstall it.

If you are not sure if it is installed, then uninstall and reinstall your Chipset Drivers, when you reinstall be sure to uncheck the GART driver.

See if that helps...
Free PC Help: At FixMyXP.com, our Speciality is Windows XP.
Got An XP Problem or Question? Get expert help, all free Check it out!
Click Here to go to FixMyXP's Windows XP Help Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users