Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad=aware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sherrymyra

sherrymyra

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:58 PM

I am just a litte curious. I run Ad-aware at least every 2 weeks. Just now I found 36 critical objects. I have tried to get my sister to download the ad-aware program. She just isn't interested. So I am wondering just how much damage can happen if a person doesn't run an ad aware program.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:01 AM

Look at the number of HJT logs and the number of posts in the forums about computer problems resulting from such malware on their computer. Not running an adware programme will result, at best, at your being tracked all over the net, at worse, will slow your computer to a crawl or make surfing impossible.
Keep encouraging your sister to add this needed layer of security to her computer.
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 07 August 2005 - 12:02 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users