Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

or equivalent processor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oneup

oneup

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

I'm just wondering what is meant by the phrase "or equivalent processor" in the system requirements of some games. Like in borderlands on steam, it says "2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor". Does that mean if I have a multicore processor that passes up 2.4 that I am equivalent? Does this have anything to do with the system requirements web page (that one that tests your system to see if you can run it) information on what your CPU is rated at. Any information would be helpful.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:13 PM

It seems like you answered your own question. A 2.4GHz. processor is one that has a clock of at least 2.4GHz. Multi-core processors are a bonus, but not required. Keep in mind that the core speed doesn't stack with multiple cores. So if you have a dual core running at 1.5GHz., you do not have 3.0GHz. Instead, you have two cores that are running at 1.5GHz. each.

3939.png

#3 oneup

oneup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:57 PM

Oh. Ok. I've just often wondered about this because the can your run it web site rates me at like 3.X ghz, which confuses me. I guess that site is just messing with me, or making stuff up. lol.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users