Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVI Synchronization

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 princess_sophia

princess_sophia

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

I have an out of synch AVI file. They seem to gradually become more and more out of synch, so I know I have to change the frame rate. The audio ends at 6:53 and the video ends at 10:03. The original frame rate is 200fps How can it be in synch? (I have another AVI file, but we'll work on that one when the first one is done.)

Edited by princess_sophia, 15 November 2009 - 01:21 PM.

Welcome to McMalwareCrushers! Would you like to try our ultimate destruction combo for the low low price of FREE?

Over 00000000 satisfied customers!

"If there's a will, there's a way, if not then there is always linux".
"You are never too old to be a kid again".

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:00 PM

I've used VirtualDub to bring AVI's back into sync. But it's been so long I can't remember exactly how. And I don't have a PC handy at the moment. (on a Mac) If I remember right, it's under Video > Audio sync correction.

If the audio is off for a fixed length of time, Audio > interleaving > audio skew correction

If the audio gradually goes off more and more, Video > frame rate > source rate adjustments > change so that video and audio durations match.

Save as AVI.

There are plenty of guides for VirtualDub if you choose to try it.

Hope it helps.

Mark

#3 princess_sophia

princess_sophia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

Virtual dub didnt fix it.The audio is "bumpy" and there is still desynch but not as bad as the original. I reverted the avi back to the way it was before virtual dub so if anyone else wants to try they can.
Welcome to McMalwareCrushers! Would you like to try our ultimate destruction combo for the low low price of FREE?

#4 princess_sophia

princess_sophia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:50 PM

I tried to save it in vdub and I aborted it because it turned the avi file into a 4gb file. Is this normal?

#5 12x48y

12x48y

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:24 PM

Yeah, VDub tends to create big files.

Maybe you could separate the audio from video (demux) and time stretch, or resample, the audio to match the video.

If I remember right VDub will demux, file > export > raw audio.
I use a video editor so I'm not sure how well this works with VDob, or what software is available for free to demux AVI.
sorry.

Audacity is free and will change the tempo, to increase the length of your audio, open your wav file in Audacity, then click "File" > "select all", then under Effects, choose "change tempo". It might work.

Edited by 12x48y, 19 November 2009 - 03:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users