Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista CLMLSvc.exe error pop-up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Storm-762

Storm-762

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

I'm running Win Vista 64 bit, after start-up the following message pops up: CLMLSvc.ece - No Disk "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\device\harddisk\DR1." There are 3 buttons on the bottom of the pop-up; CANCEL - Try Again - Continue. No matter which button I hit the pop-up comes right back up and can't be shut down. I can reboot the PC, no difference. The only way to remove it from the middle of the desktop is to drag it to the bottom of the window. It can't be minimized or shut down!

Does anyone have a solution as how to correct the problem, stop this annoying pop-up? I've run Spybot, Kaspersky anti-virus, Lavasoft malware and no help...all software is current and up to date. I don't believe this is a virus / malware but a file problem?

Please help, you can respond to me at: xxxxxxxxxxxx also.

Storm-762

Edit: E-mail address was removed for your safety. Please, do not post your E-mail address in an open forum. This could lead to a lot more SPAM in your inbox, than you may want. ~tg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:10 PM

CLMLSvc.exe belongs to CyberLink MediaLibray Service from Cyberlink
File path: %programfiles%\homecinema\power2go
Do you have Power DVD installed?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:55 PM

From a PM

Since responding to you I tried something. I created a separate account w/log-in for my wife, set her up an e-mail account on her log-in etc......NO CLMLSvc.exe error messages appear! This is a very strange occurrence.....it only happens at "my log-in" name, again I'm running Vista. Any ideas so far? Thought about creating another log-in name, migrating over the stuff on my page then completely dumping my original log-in page? [/size][/size][/size]
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

R/
Norm Allen

PS.......Next step will be a 12 gauge blast to the center of the PC! LOL

It's not all that strange
Your account was somehow corrupted
What you propose would be the thing to do
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users