Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade 2 Win7 64?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SavageKarma

SavageKarma

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:46 PM

:huh: :huh: :thumbup2: Hi folks,
I am currently runnung XP sp3 32bit on my putey. Had a naughty little trojan screw with my system so now I have 2 reinstall my OS. Have been thinking for a while about going 64 bit - my hardware can handle it. So, since I have 2 do a reinstall I thought that now would be a good time 2 do it. My question is - Is it worth going 2 Win7 64bit? Shoud I embrace it or avoid it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

This MS tool may help you to decide.

Have not had much time to play with Win7 myself. When I have it has been only 32 bit. No tweaks no additional programs installed.

64 bit does seem to be the future. How fast the other software\program writers catch up is the question.

MS does offer basically an XP VM = Virtual Machine to run non-compatible programs in. Do not know how well it works or if it is available in 64 bit either.

Edited by ThunderZ, 14 November 2009 - 11:03 PM.

#3 SavageKarma

SavageKarma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:57 PM

Thnx ThunderZ
Unfortunately my windows installer is on the blink (part of the problem) and won't install the program. Have read other posts and it seems as though 7 is the go.
Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users