Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

High CPU - Long loading time for program ???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 drewcu

drewcu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:51 PM

Short and sweet:

BabasChess is a program I use all the time to play chess and only recently it has been taking longer and longer to load the higher the uptime for XP SP3. When XP first loads, the program takes 1 second to load, but if I leave my computer on for several days, it will eventually take 7 seconds to load and use 50% CPU just while loading. Memory usage stays around 15mb no matter what. If spyware and malware and viruses are all ruled out (hypothetically), what else could cause this to happen each time you restart XP?

Assume:

Just defragmented HD, cleaned registry, scanned for malware (KIS 2010, Spy. Doc, Antivir), no other program has same symptoms, minimal programs booting and running in background, memory passed Memtest86

AMD X2 3800
2Gb DDR Memory
8500 GT
Seasonic 500W
300Gb + 250Gb SATAII HD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bobby-G

Bobby-G

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:31 AM

If you play this game often, do you have a save from this game? this may be the slow start culpprit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users