Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aurora Removal Basics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iduaaudi

iduaaudi

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 06 August 2005 - 07:51 PM

I have the Aurora bug and need help removing. Ran MS Antispyware, but was unsure what to do next. Did NOT download the tunemypc.com software when I tried to remove The ABI Network - A Division of Direct Revenue program. Thanks for any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:56 AM

Click start, control panel, add/remove programs and remove anything related to the ABI network. You may have to connect to the internet, download a program from their site and run it. Then run your scans again.

I would also recommend reading this blog
Posted Image

#3 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 07 August 2005 - 10:34 PM

Hi iduaaudi,

As far as I know, Aurora can't be removed from the Add/Remove Programs applet. The tunemypc.com software will remove aurora, but it leaves some other undesirable software behind and the uninstaller transmits info that you might not want known to DR's servers.
http://www.webhelper4u.com/tnewswritigs/mypctuneupmain.html
http://www.webhelper4u.com/tnewswritigs/my...eup5252005.html

I see you've posted a HijackThis log--that's the best way to go, cause most automated scanners won't touch Aurora. But some manual methods have been developed.

Also, your log thread has been answered by miekiemoes. So you're in exceptionally good hands, and should be well on your way to getting control of your PC back. Just do exactly what she asks of you--and it is a good idea to only follow her instructions while you are having your log worked on.

Best of luck to you. :thumbsup:

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users