Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect mobile to PC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nonic

Nonic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

Hi Everyone
I have a Samsung SGH-A411 mobile phone and am trying to link it to my PC using the USB cable supplied. The phone did not come with a CD ROM so I downloaded and installed the software and the USB driver from the Samsung website. The downloads were saved to my desk top and when I ran them I received confirmation that both had been successfully installed.
However, when I connect the phone I keep getting a Windows message saying "Cannot install this hardware There was a problem installing this hardware. An error occurred during the installation. The data is invalid". I tried uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing, with no luck.
When I go to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager there is a yellow question mark alongside the Samsung CDMA Technologies entry. Under the General tab for Samsung CDMA Technologies Properties there is a code 1 error message that says [in part] that no driver files have been loaded for this device.
I have tried reinstalling the driver several times without success. I have also used the driver update utility but no luck there either.
I would appreciate any advice as to what is causing this problem and how to resolve.
Thank you in advance
NONIC
Lead Me Not Into Temptation.....I Can Find the Way Myself !!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Funnel Web_*

Guest_Funnel Web_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

Go to

Here

Hope This Helps!!!

#3 Nonic

Nonic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:16 AM

Hi Funnel Web
Thank you for your post. I appreciate your time and interest in posting a response. I have been able to connect my phone to another computer so I have been able to transfer the photo's to disc OK on the second PC. Thanks to your link I have downloaded and printed a copy of the User Manual.
Best Wishes
NONIC :thumbsup:
Lead Me Not Into Temptation.....I Can Find the Way Myself !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users