Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anti-aid removal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 awbowden

awbowden

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hey,

I am running Vista.

I recently have become infected with the anti-aid program (don't ask how). Anyway before reading on any tutorials on what to do I uninstall.exe that was in the programs folder, I don't know if this alters what I need to do to fully and properly remove it.

I downloaded the Malwarebytes Anti-malware program from here, installed and ran it, but it did not find anything. I performed the Quick and Full scan and both had no results.

I then tried the manual removal process which directs you to remove a few registry's and files, most of which I did not have on my computer, or I was unable to find.

I also tried to dl spyware doctor to see if this would catch anything, but it appears that Anti-aid is messing with it. I had to install in Safe-mode, and when I try to run in Normal mode it just shuts down on me.

Anti-aid is still on my computer, it constantly pops up warnings, hinders my browsing, and who knows what else it is doing.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do here?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:21 PM

My first suggestion would be to read the instructions posted here.

Make sure you update Malwarebytes before running the scans. If you do not, it is possible that "Anti-Aid' will not be located during the scans.

You may also want to post your logs for Malwarebytes after running your scans. This will allow the HJT team or one of the moderators to address if you need to remove anything else.

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

#3 awbowden

awbowden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I believe my problem was not updating the software before running it, ugh. I updated than re-ran the scan, it picked up 5 malware files that were related to anti-aid. I removed these and everything seemed to be back to normal.

Thanks!

#4 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:55 PM

That's great.

If you're experiencing anymore problems with Anti-aid or the other wonderful malware out there, don't hesitate to stop back.
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users