Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Noctua

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:10 PM

The case is a Corsair 800D. What I have in mind is getting rid of stock fans and replacing them plus adding some. With a lot of research I have come with NOCTUA NF-P14 FLX. Has any body use NOCTUA fans or does any body have a better idea. I know there not cheep. I'm more concerned with quility. I will be using 4 to 6 of them. Is there a fan controlled that is also of quality. Thanks for any input! :thumbsup:

Edited by Layback Bear, 14 November 2009 - 02:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 06:03 PM

Basically you want to make sure that they have ball bearings instead of sleeve
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

Basically you want to make sure that they have ball bearings instead of sleeve

Not quit that simple anymore.

I have a P12 on my HTPC and no complaints. Not going to spend $20 on a fan again, but it is quiet.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

We agree to disagree
I will still choose ball bearing when I have the option
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

Ballbearing fans tend to last longer IMO. For the question on the controller it depends on your budget allowance and what features your looking for. There are basic controllers that just regulate the speed of the fan through voltage controll. Some have built in temperature sensors. Some controll the fans through PWM, and some yet controll by reading the RPM of the fan. Are you looking for reliability or quiet? Larger fans tend to have lower RPM and are quieter overall however all fans when run at higher RPM tend to creat allot of noise. I have used fan controllers from Zalman, Coolermaster, and Rosewill all with good results.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 Layback Bear

Layback Bear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:46 AM

Thanks for getting back with your info. As for reliability or quiet, both. I will have enough fans hoping that I don't have to run any of them to fast. My plan is to allow the mother board to control cpu fans and a controller of quality that I can watch and control the other fans myself. I will look into the brands mentioned. The board will be Intel DX58SO. The case will be a Corsair 800D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users