Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk Cleanup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 youthedog4

youthedog4

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

A recent System Restore did not go well and now some files are damaged. Among them is cleanmgr.exe or Disk Cleanup.
Everytime I run it, it just gets an error than closes. I was wondering where I could download a copy of it so I can replace my old error filled one with the new one.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:59 PM

Can you not try another restore point.When you click on system restore it should give you the option of trying a earlier date.You could also try pressing f9 on boot up and click on repair my computer.

Another option is Vista recovery disc.Google vista recovery disc and get it from a safe site like pc world.Its a free download just download the file and burn it onto a disc then pop in your your dvd drive and see if that helps.

#3 youthedog4

youthedog4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:19 PM

Alright, I have done that and it works but now Windows Installer doesn't work.

#4 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

Your Windows Installer Service might be stopped on your computer and need to be started.

Click Start
Click Run
Type "services.msc" in the box
Under the name look for "Windows Installer"
Click on "Start' to start the service

#5 askpcguy

askpcguy

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:36 AM

Best thing to try is Click Start>Run and type SFC /scannow. You will need the Windows Installation DVD should any problems be found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users