Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random redirects in Firefox

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rbr451

rbr451

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:14 PM

I have a similar problem to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271417/google-redirect-both-ie-and-firefox/

When I search in Google and click on a link in the organic search section I occasionally get redirected to another site. At first, I was being redirected to various Clickbank products. I did some research and found it was always a hoplink with a certain affiliate code. I alerted Clickbank and they have closed that account. But I'm still getting redirected, it just goes to an error page from Clickbank stating that the account has been closed or disabled. I also get redirected to Amazon. I'm assuming that it's probably the same guy.

The redirects happen randomly (not every time). I use Firefox 3.5.5. I'm also using TrendMicro Internet Security Pro 17.1.1250 with the latest updates.

I've run full scans with both TM and MalwareBytes, but neither find any problems. I don't see anything that pops out in my HighJackThis Log.

Usually, I can find and remove these things on my own, but this is over my head. I'm stumped. I've seen other posts with similar problems that point to it being a rootkit and that's a little beyond my level of expertise.

Please help. Thanks

rbr451

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users