Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avira Antivir. personal addition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mismo

mismo

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:54 AM

Every time I restart my computer I get the message CCPLG.XML cannot be found, I know this is connected to Avira Antivurs, however if I disable this it sets my computer to selective startup instead of normal mode, it also enables lots of programmes I've disenabled on the startup.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

My approach would be to simply uninstall Avira and reinstall it/update it.

AV programs, like any other program, sometimes develop damaged files. In which case the program needs to be repaired...reinstalling (after uninstalling) is the only repair option for most programs.

It seems that you have been using msconfig to manage startup items...it was not created for that purpose and is a poor tool for such, even though many persons suggest using it to manage startups.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310560

There are any number of startup managers that perform that task reasonably well...and better than msconfig.

Louis

#3 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:08 AM

Uninstall Avira and then reinstall see if that helps, also if you have Mbam installed, update it before uninstalling Avira, then uninstall then run Mbam and then reinstall !

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users